Re: when install 9.2.0.6 rac , cluster nodes can't be found

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:05:36 -0700

yuefuli_at_gmail.com wrote:

> DA Morgan wrote:
>

>>yuefuli_at_gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>hi, I try to install 9.2.0.6 rac, and I use 9.2.0.4 package and 9.2.0.6
>>>patch. my platform is rhel3u3
>>>
>>>I referenced the article : Step-By-Step Installation of 9.2.0.5 RAC on
>>>Linux(http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=184821.1).
>>>

>>>I installed 9.2.0.4 cm, 10.1.0.3 installer, 9.2.0.6 cm. and then
>>>I try to install 9.2.0.4 oracle .
>>>I started oracm on both node1 and node2, from their cm.log I think
>>>oracm works fine.
>>>and I tested rsh, rcp , they works fine, too.
>>>
>>>but when I install 9.2.0.4 Oracle, the node selection screen did't
>>>appear, I don't know the reason.
>>>
>>>any advice is appreciate.
>>>thanks.
>>
>>Then, by definition, Cluster Manager did not start (or restart).
>>--
>>Daniel A. Morgan
>>http://www.psoug.org
>>damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>>(replace x with u to respond)
>
> thanks. but how can I make sure if CM works fine?
> I use ps -efm |grep oracm, I get many threads.
> and I check cm.log, I get
>
> Successful reconfiguration,  2 active node(s) node 0 is the master, my
> node num is 0 (reconfig 2) {Fri Jan 21 11:39:51 2005 }^M
>  and node2 has similar message.
>
> is there any other way to check if oracm works fine?
>
> thanks a lot.

Sounds like Cluster Manager is up but may not be installed correctly. Without knowing each and every step you used it is not possible to determine why it is doing what its doing.

Clean up the machine, reinstall, and if any errors occur at any point stop, check metalink, and if you can not proceed, email me off-line. There are just a lot of patches that need to be added to both RHEL and Oracle to make it all work correctly.

If you email me off-line, and have a good checklist of what you've done and anything that went sideways, I can likely help you over the phone.