Re: RMAN Restore Question

From: JSchneider <jeremypaulschneider_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2005 13:18:04 -0700

amerar_at_iwc.net wrote:
> Well duh, if I am restoring archive logs, then they must have been
> backed up before. There is no reason for Oracle to back them up again.
>
> There should be a way to mark these or something so Oracle does no
> re-back them up......

you could change your script to say:
BACKUP ARCHIVELOG LIKE '/u01/oradata/INST/arch/%' DELETE INPUT

and repeat for each archivelog dest. i personally like the current behavior of RMAN because it gives you such granular control over how it does backups. it's just up to you to write the scripts to get the behavior you want. Received on Thu Jun 23 2005 - 15:18:04 CDT