How can I find (or change) password for SYS?

From: Randi W <randiwolner_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:16:23 +0200

Hello,
Someone (not me) has installed Oracle 9.2.0.1.0, and I do not know what the password for SYS is. In Oracle 8.1.7 the password was CHANGE_ON_INSTALL if nothing was done to the default setup.
Is there another default for 9.2.0.1.0 ? If there is not a default, or if another password was chosen at install time - is there any way I can find out what the password is? Or - as an alternative - is there any way to change the password for SYS without knowing what it's password was?

Thanks for any help,
Randi W Received on Thu Jun 23 2005 - 01:16:23 CDT