Re: Installing Oracle Files

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 04:36:47 GMT

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:31:08 -0700, peterh interested us by writing:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am trying build a business case for Oracle at my workplace and
> install Oracle Files. I have a Solaris 8 box with an Oracle 10g
> instance, but the dependency tree is getting a bit problematic.
>
> Oracle Files is bundled with Oracle Collaboration Suite release 2
> (9.0.4.0.1). Oracle Collaboration Suite's runInstaller says it needs
> "Oracle 9iAS Single Sign-On"

Oracle9iAS Single SignOn is part of the Oracle9iAS Infrastructure.

First you install the 9iAS infrastructure, then you can install the things that depend on the infrastructure, such as Oracle9iAS itself, or the Oracle Collab Suite.

Talk to your Oracle rep and see if you can get the single-box install DVD. Much easier.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com