Does CASE clause works in Oracle 8174-Pls guide

From: KP <ykutanoor_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2005 23:01:06 -0700

I am implementing a SQL script in Orcale that involves a CASE statement .
The server is Oracle is 8174 and this piece of code runs well in Oracle 9i.
Piece of code :

CASE WHEN AB.EffDateStart = (

                      CASE WHEN AB.PeriodStatus = c_future
                               THEN CP.BegEndEnd
                               ELSE CP.BegEndStart
                           END)-- 6/1/2005 == 6/1/2005
     THEN 0-- So here it will take 0
     ELSE 1

END The error is as follows:

ORA-06550: line 111, column 18: PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "CASE"
count current exists max min prior sql stddev sum variance execute forall time timestamp interval date <a string literal with character set
specification> <a number> <a single-quoted SQL string> ***** SCRIPT stopped due to error *****

Can Somebidy tell me where is the problem so I can execute this successfully in Oracle 8174.Note this works superb in Oracle 9i Although this is simple question,pls answert.Thanks in advance Received on Tue Jun 21 2005 - 01:01:06 CDT