Re: ORA-04091 workaround needed

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 07:51:07 +0200

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 06:57:19 +0200, Peter Bittner <bittner_at_teamworks.eu.com> wrote:

>I have searched the web for this problem and it seems to be rather common.
>But still, I think this is a more or less trivial problem - though the
>solution might not be. :-(
>
>Anybody know a proper solution to this?

The solution is well documented and you'll don't need any advanced queing for that:

you'll have
a before insert on statement level trigger, setting up a collection a before insert for each row trigger to fill the collection. an after insert on *statement* level trigger to perform the actual update.

Tom Kyte has a working example on his old site : http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA