Re: Been reading a few messages...

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:06:37 -0700

Andreas Sheriff wrote:
> Ahhh. Now I C. Perhaps others reading this thread will now take heed.
>
> Let the poster beware!

No need for the poster to beware of anything. For those that give some evidence of paying attention ... they don't top post, they include version number, they don't expect us to look up their error messages for them, etc. We provide the best possible advice. Not a ton of verbiage but then we aren't be paid to write a book on any subject.

What you have perceived as harsh and rude is likely, as others have pointed out, our response to people who have given the distinct impression of being lazy or totally unskilled an in danger of doing more damage than good.

Remember it is the poster that makes the first impression. We do not know any of them personally and other than a very few exceptions don't even know each other personally. So the poster that writes something like:

"I just went through the docs on tahiti and can't find what I am looking for" is far more likely to get a good response than the one that writes "I am doing a job for which I am totally unqualified and I am hoping you folks will help me fake out management a bit longer."

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org