Re: How to know a table is being accessed by other session?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:01:55 +1000

Jack Lee apparently said,on my timestamp of 18/06/2005 12:00 PM:

> Becasue I want lock a table,when any other session is not accessing
> this tale.

Well, lock it and wait?
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96540/statements_914a.htm#2064407 has the details. You have signed in to this site, haven't you?

WHY would you ever want to do this is what baffles me and others. It's not like, you need to lock it to ensure consistency, you know that, don't you?

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto