Re: Replication problem

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 19:45:19 +0200

Bing Wu wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I am currently running Oracle materalized-view replication and slave
> nodes suffered constant problem after a few hours. I can see two
> identical 12170 errors in the master's sqlnet.log:
[snip]
You have a time out, you could have done this for yourself: [oracle10_at_csdb01 oracle10]$ oerr ora 12170 12170, 00000, "TNS:Connect timeout occurred"

// *Cause:  The server shut down because connection establishment or
// communication with a client failed to complete within the allotted time
// interval. This may be a result of network or system delays; or this may
// indicate that a malicious client is trying to cause a Denial of Service
// attack on the server.
// *Action: If the error occurred because of a slow network or system,
// reconfigure one or all of the parameters SQLNET.INBOUND_CONNECT_TIMEOUT,
// SQLNET.SEND_TIMEOUT, SQLNET.RECV_TIMEOUT in sqlnet.ora to larger values.
// If a malicious client is suspected, use the address in sqlnet.log to
// identify the source and restrict access. Note that logged addresses may
// not be reliable as they can be forged (e.g. in TCP/IP).

> BTW, is anyone know how to resume
> the replication process on the slave node as I don't want to drop and
> recreate the replicated views?

dbms_refresh.refresh, I presume. The same way it runs now

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel