Replication problem

From: Bing Wu <bing_at_biop.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:28:22 +0100

Hello folks,

I am currently running Oracle materalized-view replication and slave nodes suffered constant problem after a few hours. I can see two identical 12170 errors in the master's sqlnet.log:

Fatal NI connect error 12170.

   VERSION INFORMATION:

         TNS for Linux: Version 10.1.0.2.0 - Production
         Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for Linux: Version
10.1.0.2.0 - Production
         TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for Linux: Version 10.1.0.2.0 -
Production

   Time: 08-JUN-2005 19:56:40
   Tracing not turned on.
   Tns error struct:

     ns main err code: 12535
     TNS-12535: TNS:operation timed out
     ns secondary err code: 12560
     nt main err code: 505
     TNS-00505: Operation timed out
     nt secondary err code: 110
     nt OS err code: 0

The replication is refreshed every 30 mins between two nodes over internet. Any hints on the problem? BTW, is anyone know how to resume the replication process on the slave node as I don't want to drop and recreate the replicated views?

Thanks a lot,

Bing Received on Thu Jun 09 2005 - 05:28:22 CDT