Re: Problem is the pl/sql variable can have only 1000 bytes despite being varchar2(4000) is that a bug?

From: colin_lyse <colin_lyse_at_98fgfgs.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2005 10:00:03 -0500

In article <1118218092.912734.246910_at_g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Billy" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote:
>colin_lyse wrote:
>

>I suggest carefully looking at that code your programmer wrote. It sure
>seems that he is still a very inexperienced programmer.

thanks so much for your input. frankly i was focused on the issue of the error and not on his code (turns out it was a debugger error that had the same exact name as an orcale error despite being totally different). He is a bright guy but this was his 1st pl/sql procedure he wrote (he was a web/java developer). Your comments are excellent and i will make sure he changes the code. Received on Wed Jun 08 2005 - 10:00:03 CDT