DBMS_LDAP_UTL.authenticate_user()

From: M Rothwell <ThisIsABadAddress_at_toobad.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 10:54:23 -0700

I'm trying to the AUTHENTICATE_USER function to verify that an application user is who they say they are. I have the following:

  my_session := DBMS_LDAP.init(ldap_host,ldap_port);

  retval := DBMS_LDAP_UTL.get_user_properties( my_session, user_handle, my_attrs, DBMS_LDAP_UTL.ENTRY_PROPERTIES, my_pset_coll);

This code works and I can verify each of the retval's as being successful until I get to authentitcate_user. At this point I'm getting the code: -16 (AUTH_FAILURE_EXCEPTION).

Since I am using my LDAP user as the example, I know that mypwd is correct. Any ideas what may be happening or what I need to change.

Thank you. Received on Mon Jun 06 2005 - 12:54:23 CDT