Re: Oracle and Dotnet

From: Larry <larry_at_larry.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 01:32:03 GMT

Jim Kennedy wrote:

> Larry,
> You are not using bind variables.

I changed my code so I don't need variables. I'm simply using the same SQL insert over and over. That's not inefficient, is it?

> Also I suspect the odp.net isn't set up correctly.

It was my understanding that the Oracle.DataAccess.Client DLL is all I need to make it work. I would have thought that if something was "missing" then the program just flat out wouldn't work.

I'm not saying thats not the case...and thats where I may have to turn my attention for more investigation.

Thanks Jim! Received on Thu Jun 02 2005 - 20:32:03 CDT