Re: Pricing question?

From: Paul <paulsnewsgroups_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 20:46:36 +0100

Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Dunno... but your friend could download and test as much as he likes
>for free - don't do production is all that matters.
>Go to otn.oracle.com/download, and go ahead - read the license
>carefully, and you'll see what I mean.

This is what I told him. You don't have to pay for Oracle unless you are in production. Which is fine. Just pointed him at the downloads and he's now messing around with it.

>Does that answer the other question? :)

Which other question? The one about being a VAR? Does Oracle have this concept? I know, for example, that Interbase from Borland will give you substantial reductions on licence fees if you buy licences in bulk. Same with Oracle?

Or was it the question of farming out the programming somewhere else?

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.2.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, As a courtesy to those who spend
time analyzing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.