Re: Show "progress" of a process using pl/sql web toolkit?

From: MBPP <mpacheco_at_directnet.com.br>
Date: 31 May 2005 12:52:49 -0700

Another way is to execute your update in a job using DBMS_JOB, Then follow the execution using a join between V$SESSION and V$SESSION_LONGOPS. To identify the job's session ID you can use DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO. On the client side create a timer using JavaScript and query these views to get an estimate of how long it will take to finish. Concerns:

I never done this before, just an idea which came to my mind... Received on Tue May 31 2005 - 14:52:49 CDT