Re: Oracle 10g export data pump (consistent=Y)

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 23:17:50 GMT

premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I am on Windows 2000 and using Oracle 10G (10.1.0.3). In earlier
> versions of Oracle, Oracle 9i, I always did export with consistent=Y.
> In Oracle 10G, expdp, I do not see a consistent parameter, instead see
> FLASHBACK_TIME.
>
> I am assuming, if I do not specify FLASHBACK_TIME, Oracle will not do a
> consistent export. Therefore I must specify
> FLASHBACK_TIME="to_timestamp(date_when_export_started, "MM/DD/YYYY
> HH24:MI:SS)" to accomplish consistency.
>
> Prem

Yes. According to the utilities manual, flashback_time and flashback_scn are replacements for the consistent parameter.

Considering that expdp can run parallel slaves, I believe you would have to specify flashback_time/scn to do a consistent export.

I have not tested this ...

Anurag Received on Wed May 25 2005 - 18:17:50 CDT