Re: font problem in oracle 10g

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 19:05:43 -0700

tri dhungana via DBMonster.com wrote:
> hi i am using window xp 2004 and oracle 8i client (in my client machine)
> .... i have designed an interface using vfp that connect to oracle 10g
> database server in other machine......
>
> now my problem is when i insert some character like Š using designed
> interface.. it insert some other character that is ¿ intead of Š
> this......... from my client side.
>
> but when i use my server (install same window xp) there is no problem and
> the records are retrived as it is...... at least i know that it is not the
> oracle 10g problem.......
>
> is this a problem of oracle client 8.1.6.0.0? can anybody tell me why is
> that so....

Let me see if I've got this correctly.

You somehow have come to the conclusion that Oracle developers are so good that when they coded the 8i client they knew all of the specs and functionality for 10g ... put it into the source code and tested it? Alison will be thrilled. I'll bet she didn't know her team was that good.

Oh and Sybrand's comment too.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org