font problem in oracle 10g

From: tri dhungana via DBMonster.com <forum_at_nospam.DBMonster.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 08:38:30 GMT

hi i am using window xp 2004 and oracle 8i client (in my client machine) .... i have designed an interface using vfp that connect to oracle 10g database server in other machine......

now my problem is when i insert some character like Š using designed interface.. it insert some other character that is ¿ intead of Š this......... from my client side.

but when i use my server (install same window xp) there is no problem and the records are retrived as it is...... at least i know that it is not the oracle 10g problem.......

is this a problem of oracle client 8.1.6.0.0? can anybody tell me why is that so....