Urgent: Problem with big tablespace DRSYS

From: <SanGei_at_gmx.net>
Date: 22 May 2005 23:25:17 -0700

Hello,

we have an urgent problem with our Oracle 9i Server. After we compressed the tablespaces we experienced the following problem: The database instance is always shutting down itself. We looked into the Alert-File and found that Oracle is no longer able to write into the DRSYS tablespace because it is full. We extended it but it keeps shutting down.
What does this tablespace exactly and why has it become so big (almost 9GB!!!), I have read, that it only needs 250 MB of space...

Any help aprreciated!!

Thank you in advance! Received on Mon May 23 2005 - 01:25:17 CDT