Re: RAC on Mac News

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 22:21:44 -0700

Noons wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:
>

>>Noons wrote:
>>

>>>Question: do you know where to download the ORION tool
>>>for disk performance evaluation?  Can't find it anywhere
>>>although it's mentioned in the lcs white paper.
>>>And a search in Oracle turns out 10 zillion hits on that
>>>useless java appserver crap...
>>
>>It is an internal tool that should not have been referenced
>>in the document.

> Hehehe! Another future of OEM, eh? I really like these
> drive-by "tips" that show up from time to time...
> It's not only referenced on the document but also in the
> presentation and all over the white papers. I wonder how much
> longer one will have to wait to get it.
>
> It is one of the great differences between Oracle and IBM:
> this sort of tool would be available to EVERYONE for db2.
> With Oracle, it is reserved to the select few.
> Ah well one day they'll finally realize the utter stupidity
> of this kind of approach.

A lot of the "internal" tools are Oracle are released. It may be a question of QA.

Take for example SwingBench. Used to be internal only. Now anyone can go to Dominic's website and download a copy.

If anyone wants it ... and why wouldn't they ... we have a link on the Download page at PSOUG.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org