Re: RAC on Mac News

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 22 May 2005 21:54:35 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> Noons wrote:
>
> > Question: do you know where to download the ORION tool
> > for disk performance evaluation? Can't find it anywhere
> > although it's mentioned in the lcs white paper.
> > And a search in Oracle turns out 10 zillion hits on that
> > useless java appserver crap...
>
> It is an internal tool that should not have been referenced
> in the document.

Hehehe! Another future of OEM, eh? I really like these drive-by "tips" that show up from time to time... It's not only referenced on the document but also in the presentation and all over the white papers. I wonder how much longer one will have to wait to get it.

It is one of the great differences between Oracle and IBM: this sort of tool would be available to EVERYONE for db2. With Oracle, it is reserved to the select few. Ah well one day they'll finally realize the utter stupidity of this kind of approach. Received on Sun May 22 2005 - 23:54:35 CDT