Re: RAC on Mac News

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 22 May 2005 17:54:18 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:

> I agree. But since you are with IBM you know well what is required to
> get a company the size of Oracle to make a decision to port to a new
> platform. The decision to support OSX/Darwin had to have come from
the
> very top of Oracle and the budget cost had to be very substantial.
Thus
> the corporate committment is also substantial. So there is little
doubt
> a lot of effort went into the port and the testing.

Interesting info, Daniel. I've had a soft spot for Apple's flavour of Unix since the days I was probably the only person in Australia running Oracle on A/UX. Unfortunately it was canned too soon and my current investment in Intel is too large for me to go back, no matter how attractive OSX may look. Mind you, that Apple Mini little box is sweeeeeeet!

Question: do you know where to download the ORION tool for disk performance evaluation? Can't find it anywhere although it's mentioned in the lcs white paper. And a search in Oracle turns out 10 zillion hits on that useless java appserver crap...

> But yes Serge you should stick with Linux ... after all ... you have
> no other choice. ;-)

Now now, leave the man alone: nothing worse than no choice! ¦) Received on Sun May 22 2005 - 19:54:18 CDT