Re: Problem with REF

From: Frederic <fh_at_ionicsoftDOTcom>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:31:11 +0200

DA Morgan a écrit :
> Frederic wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a strange behaviour with REF in Oracle. I have a table
>> organization with a ref . If I do a DEREF on it, I can view the data.
>> If I try to get the object in a procedure, and I get an End of file
>> communication channel.
>>
>> Why ?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Fred

> No hardware platform
> No operating system
> No version number
> No indication that you've gone to metalink
> No help possible
>
> Since you are looking for a guess based on ignorance here's mine: You
> are running Solaris 8 on a Sun box with Oracle 9i. The kernel parameters
> are not configured properly. Probably wrong but then it was just a guess.

Ok ok ok ....

So, Oracle 10G Enterprise 10.1.0.2.0 on Linux, got a trace file in udump telling that the crash is in UTL_REF.SELECT_OBJECT on line 3. I found nothing on Metalink.

Now, maybe I found what's wrong, Oracle allowed me to put a REF on an object that is of another type than the one defined in the table, bad point for Oracle.

Thanks

Fred Received on Thu May 19 2005 - 08:31:11 CDT