Re: Problem with REF

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:00:58 -0700

Frederic wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a strange behaviour with REF in Oracle. I have a table
> organization with a ref . If I do a DEREF on it, I can view the data. If
> I try to get the object in a procedure, and I get an End of file
> communication channel.
>
> Why ?
>
> thanks
>
> Fred

No hardware platform
No operating system
No version number
No indication that you've gone to metalink No help possible

Since you are looking for a guess based on ignorance here's mine: You are running Solaris 8 on a Sun box with Oracle 9i. The kernel parameters are not configured properly. Probably wrong but then it was just a guess.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org