Re: Oracle vs DB2 on heavy OLTP loads

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 18:51:37 -0400

DA Morgan wrote:
> Serge Rielau wrote:
>

>> DA Morgan wrote:

>>> Sorry but I'm not buying that. Instance crashes are most often caused
>>> by DBAs. And unless you are looking at ORA-00600 I'm sticking to it. ;-)
>> Perhaps DB2 DBAs have different expectations then.

> You mean buggy product releases?
> I don't think so. Seems to be a new "feature" with 8.2.
If the new feature is to accept a downed instance as a bug no matter what the poster did short of actual sabotage, then yes. That would actually be an old feature and I'll wear that badge with stride.
Playing the blame game with a customer, happy or not, is always a bad idea.

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau