Proxy Sessions with OCI

From: <cochrane68_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 May 2005 13:32:11 -0700

We're using the OCI connection pool with Java in Oracle 9i. It appears that although we allow only 4 connections, the Oracle connection pool creates multiple sessions for each connection. While this may be more efficient than waiting for a connection to become available, it unfortunately leads to an out of sessions problem for us.

Is there any way to limit the number of sessions the OCI connection pool will allow? Basically, I'd like the OCI connection pool to act like normal connection pools, and block users who try to access the database when all connections/sessions are in use. Currently, it just keeps handing out sessions until the max the database is configured to handle is hit, and then errors out. Received on Wed May 18 2005 - 15:32:11 CDT