Re: Q: Export without any Table Data...why?

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 13 May 2005 05:44:30 -0700

Ralf Bender wrote:
> Rauf Sarwar said the following on 12.05.2005 17:10:
> > Ralf Bender wrote:
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>something strange happens here and I don't know why:
> >>
> >>I want to export a Oracle 8.1 Database as I do often from another
pc

> > in
> >
> >>the network.
> >>Starting the export with user SYSTEM, Oracle starts to export all,
> >
> > but
> >
> >>without any Tabledata?
> >>What's going wrong here? User SYSTEM got the role
EXP_FULL_DATABASE.

> >>This is my export command:
> >>exp userid=system/manager_at_database full=y compress=n log=exp.log
> >>file=full.dmp
> >>
> >>thanks
> >>ralf
> >

> > 1) Have you actually verified this information after doing the full
> > import *without* rows=n switch?
> > 2) Have you tried adding rows=y switch in both exp/imp commands?
> > Although it's set to y by default but no harm if you do specify it.
> >
> > Regards
> > /Rauf
> >

> I extra specify rows=y , but no table data would be exported.
>
> I got my information that there are no data only from the log. I
didn't
> import the exported data. And I can't do this at the moment, because
the
> database is a very big one. I want the export for backup...
>
> regards
> ralf

This is for the ENTIRE export? And which Oracle client are you running on this 'other PC' in the network? And what is the FULL version number of the 8.1 instance you are attempting to export? And, on which operating system? AND, are there any error messages in your log file? Such information is necessary to determine possible causes for this behaviour, and you've provided none of the required details.

Provide the information requested so those of us in the newsgroup can provikde some valid, useful assistance.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri May 13 2005 - 07:44:30 CDT