Re: Q: Export without any Table Data...why?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 13 May 2005 13:08:07 -0700

>database is a very big one. I want the export for backup...

You might explain what you mean by "backup." Oracle does not recommend using exp for backup. See the backup and recovery guide about physical and logical backups. You might also define what you mean by "very big," as some of us decide it makes more sense to work on the server itself for "medium" sized databases.

Since you successfully do this from another PC, I wonder if you have something dreadfully misconfigured on your PC, such as @database pointing somewhere different in your tnsnames.ora or with TWO_TASK environment variables.

If your server has $ORACLE_HOME/network/log/listener.log, you might look and see if you are attaching as expected.

And what David said.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"HEAD HUNTERS AND RELATED EMPLOYMENT SERVICES TAKE NOTE: