Oracle Stored Procedure Permissions Problem

From: Guy Noir <ahackney_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2005 16:38:31 -0700

Hello all. I am new to Oracle stored procedures. I have an Oracle account on the university server. I can create and drop tables all day long, but I cannot seem to create any kind of stored procedure. I have tried very simple select procedures, etc and always get:

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

I'm working on a semester project and I have to create stored procedures as a result. Any ideas? Do I truely have insufficent privs?

I have tried the "set role none;" and the commands I was attempting in the procedure, as suggested in many other posts, which worked fine.

I'm using SQL*PLUS...is there a way I can tell what privs I have been given?
Advice?
Thanks Much
-Aaron Received on Sat Apr 30 2005 - 18:38:31 CDT