Re: index creation fails because temp tablespace is too small

From: chao_ping <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2005 01:06:38 -0700

Morgan,

    Do you mean:
    If we have a partitioned table a, and a non-partitioned table B, with exact same structre and row number.

    And we build local index on partitoin table and normal index on a non-partitioned table, will we need less sort_area_size to build the index? Can you prove it with real test data , or theory like Jonathan Lewis's ?
 (Assume we only do in-memory sort)

Regards Received on Thu Apr 28 2005 - 03:06:38 CDT