update statement PL/SQL

From: Reallybig <bixbig_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Apr 2005 17:43:30 -0700

I'm a newbie here. I try to update data from 1 table from another table. So I used cursor to update my employee table on Total_sale column = amount column on Sales Table where employee.empid = sales.empid. The problem is for 700,000, it took 2 hours to update. That's too long. Any Ideas or some sample codes would really helpful.

Thanks Received on Wed Apr 27 2005 - 19:43:30 CDT