Re: update statement PL/SQL

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 01:56:14 GMT

"Reallybig" <bixbig_at_gmail.com> wrote in news:1114649010.662975.82850_at_f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> I'm a newbie here. I try to update data from 1 table from another
> table. So I used cursor to update my employee table on Total_sale
> column = amount column on Sales Table where employee.empid =
> sales.empid. The problem is for 700,000, it took 2 hours to update.
> That's too long. Any Ideas or some sample codes would really helpful.

Sorry my crystal ball is in the shop for polishing.

You don't specify OS or version.
You don't state the hardware paltform.
You don't mention the version of Oracle ( to 4 places, please).
You don't post the actual code.
You don't post the EXPLAIN PLAN.
You don't mention how many triggers or indexes are involved.

Yet you expect some automagical solution.

You're On Your Own (YOYO)!

P.S.
Where ever possible use only SQL & avoid PL/SQL. It's faster! Received on Wed Apr 27 2005 - 20:56:14 CDT