Re: Versionning with Oacle

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 03:49:21 GMT

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:16:33 +0200, Frank van Bortel interested us by writing:

> Oracle 9i, Release 1: Version 9.0.1
> Oracle 9i, Release 2: Version 9.2.0

TO expand on this just a bit .... as of DB 9i R2 and AS 9i R1 the numbering is

x.y.z.?.?

x=major version
y=database release
z=app server release

so in general I'd expect either y or z will be '0'.

And no, the major version number does not have to coincide with the marketing brand - Oracle Application Server 10g = 9.0.4.x.x

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com