iasconsole won't start

From: Steve <spam_at_localhost>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:57:43 +1200

Hi folks,

Could really do with a hand on this one. The background...

The server in question is running the infrastrusture and midtier server at version 9.0.4. Database instances are remote. This server has suffered a catastrophic failure of 2 hdds, necessitating a reload of the os - Whitebox linux respin 1. I would have used respin 2, but all the download sites I've found have a corrupt instance unless bittorrent was used, and that wasn't possible.

Once all of this was done, it was found that the infrastructure server was completely stuffed, and needed re-installing. For various reasons ( protecting the existing data, the impossibility of downloading oracle images over a text browser, etc, etc ), I downloaded a copy of my test installation, and proceeded to reconfigure it for the new installation. Not a very enjoyable job, but it gets your find/sed/vi skills back up to speed, and your eyes very square (:

I've got to the stage where opmn startall works, and seems to start all the processes ok. However, the emctl start iasconsole hangs. I get the following log:
----- Mon Apr 25 22:54:51 2005::Restarting IASConsole. -----

Error initializing server: Error instantiating default application at file:/u01/app/oracle/product/ora10gInfra/sysman/j2ee/config/em-app.xml: Could not read jazn-data config file:
file:/u01/app/oracle/product/ora10gInfra/sysman/j2ee/config/%FILE_TAG%%JAZN_J2EE_HOME%/config/jazn-data.xml for em
(/u01/app/oracle/product/ora10gInfra/sysman/j2ee/config/%FILE_TAG%%JAZN_J2EE _HOME%/config/jazn-data.xml (No such file or directory))

Mon Apr 25 22:56:51 2005::EMWD Stopping EMAgent

(pid=25465): emagent now exiting normally

I have copies of jazn-data.xml - seemingly dated from the original install time on my test machine - at
u01/app/oracle/product/ora10gInfra/sysman/j2ee/config (10414bytes) and u01/app/oracle/product/ora10gInfra/sysman/j2ee/applications/Oc4jDcmServlet/M ETA-INF (567bytes)

Can anyone point me to a method of getting the two to connect, and get this working? is it just a case of getting %FILE_TAG%%JAZN_J2EE_HOME% to return .., and if so, how?

( and before you ask, no, this isn't my site, and no, there weren't any backups, and yes, I've very little hair left! )

TIA, Steve Received on Mon Apr 25 2005 - 16:57:43 CDT