10g RAC - fail over test issue

From: SG <ab_at_cd.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:46:30 GMT

Hello,

While running some TAF tests on a 10g (10.1.0.3) SE 2 node RAC, the delay to switch from one node to other takes 15-20 minutes when unplugging the network cable. Also, after plugging the network back in, network connectivity on the node is lost. We have to restart network services and cluster services or just reboot if they don't restart properly. Another test we did was shutting down one node while running a long query (the TAF failover test notes from metalink) and failover takes 5 minutes in that case. Has anyone else experienced this type of behavior when the network being uplugged and plugged back in actually kills all network services? TIA.

SG Received on Fri Apr 22 2005 - 14:46:30 CDT