Re: Oracle Standard Edition One

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:28:20 GMT

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:13:43 +0000, Chiara interested us by writing:

> Why Can't I find the "one" text???

What did you read before starting the install? You might want to check http://www.oracle.com/database/product_editions.html - specifically

"Standard Edition One

  	Two-processor version of Standard Edition at an attractive entry-level
  	price"

Sounds more like a 'permission to use Standard Edition in a specific configuration' than a set of features, doesn't it?

> How many DB Can I create with this version??? (not only a db???)

As many as you want, as long as they all fit on the 1 or 2 CPU machine. (Perhaps you need to learn what the term DB means in Oracle.)

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com