Re: Archiver question

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2005 10:46:39 -0700

chao_ping wrote:
> OK, to summarize it, since the whole post is a little lengthy.
> >From lsof result, you can see file handle 12 is is the first member.
> >From strace result, you can see all the read from the logfile is
from
> file handle 12, which is the first member.
> Other pread only read 8192 blocks, maybe only the header.
>
> Yong Huang provide the suggestions to do the test and we verified it.
> Not all the meatlink notes are correct. Some can be wrong. Not all
the
> words the experts said are correct, some can be out of date:)

Thanks guys, that is good to know. Obviously, O8 changed the archiving greatly. It will take a day or two for me to go through the registration rigamarole at that site, so I'll ask here: Did you test multiple archiver processes under severe load?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"I gave the user DBA role. Is this an issue?" - seen on oracle-l