9.2.0.5 No temp file shrinkin after db restart

From: ErkkaH <evs_at_poista.pp.inet.fi>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 08:27:38 GMT

Hi!

Small question: I have 3 TEMP files, of type TEMPFILE/TEMPORARY. The are 99.X % full, the DB shows that no TEMPORARY SEGMENTS are used:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM DBA_EXTENTS WHERE SEGMENT_TYPE='TEMPORARY'; result = 0

However the space mgm and windows shows that they have more than 1GB used each.

Now to my understanding the filesize should shrink when I bounce the DB, but it doesn't. It has stayed like this since DB was taken onto operative use about 6 months ago. After that there have been at least 10 shutdown/restarts.

Is this normal?

TIA!

--
Erkka H.