Re: upgrade 8.1.6 to oracle 10g

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2005 01:40:24 -0700

Laurent wrote:
> Rauf Sarwar a écrit :
> > Laurent wrote:
> >
> >>Hy,
> >>i want to migrate my oracle server (windows 2K SP4) from V8.1.6 to
> >>oracle 10G.
> >>As the upgrade utility doesn't allow this migrate, i'm wondering
the
> >>best solution :
> >>- upgrade by imp full database ;
> >>- upgrade by imp only my user, after creating all the tablespace
used

> > ;
> >
> >>in the first solution, does i need to apply again different oracle
> >>pl/sql package, or after the full import, all is good ?
> >>
> >>regards,
> >>Laurent
> >

> > Export from 8.1.6 (FULL=Y) and Import into 10.1.0 (FULL=Y) is not
> > supported. You are only left with doing schema level import into
10g
> > i.e. fromuser/touser option (2nd solution in your post).
> >
> > Ofcourse you can first upgrade to 8.1.7 to avoid this restriction.
> >
> > Regards
> > /Rauf
> >

> When you say that it's not supported, it's by oracle support ?
>
> Laurent

<Sarcastic> Ooops... I meant IBM support!! </Sarcastic>

Obviously Oracle support. Goto metalink and check for yourself. You do have support contract?

"11. From 8.1.6 to 10.1.0 => Not supported with export FULL=Y & import FULL=Y" http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=132904.1

Regards
/Rauf Received on Thu Apr 21 2005 - 03:40:24 CDT