Re: Creating and Starting Oracle instance...

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 20 Apr 2005 13:22:06 -0700

p.valerio_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I have installed Oracle 8.1.7 on a sun machine running Solaris 8. I
> have checked several on line suggestions for Oracle pre-requisits and
> have downloaded the patches. The problem is that it hangs on 1% when
> is "Creating and starting Oracle instance" I read a similar problem
> and it said to be patient and give it like 2 hours? Its been like
this
> for more than that.
>
> Thank you in advance...

No mention of which patches you've applied, no mention of what kernel parameters you've adjusted, no mention of any init.ora settings for the SGA ... how can you expect any assistance?

Please provide the above information if you want any usable help.

David FItzjarrell Received on Wed Apr 20 2005 - 15:22:06 CDT