How to update a view using "left join" when one of the base table is changed

From: yang <zhaocnus_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2005 12:38:00 -0700

I create a view in oracle like this:

create or replace view view_muni_gc as SELECT TA.*,TB.ID3 AS TA_ID, TB.MUNI_NUM_ID FROM TA LEFT JOIN TB ON TA.MUNI_NUM_ID=TB.MUNI_NUM_ID WHERE TB.MUNI_NUM_ID IS NULL; the records is TB is a subset of those in TA, I want to use the view to show the records which are in TA but not in TB.

When I insert a new record taking from TA into TB, the view is not updated. I still contains the same number of records before the insertion. I don't know where is the problem.

Who can help me. Thanks!!!!:) Received on Wed Apr 20 2005 - 14:38:00 CDT