Re: hotmail password request tool (intranet usage)

From: Ulrich Hobelmann <u.hobelmann_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:25:10 -0500

peter pilsl wrote:
> Deleting executable attachemnts and unscannable zips from the mail is
> done in most of the companies I sysadmin. Some Users still click on
> everything that has a icon and a promising name. MS-click-me-advertising
> has done some braindamager to the weaker minded.

How about the admins doing their job instead of deleting stuff in users' email? Like choosing a secure OS in the first place that runs the productivity apps the user needs, or running a solid backup-policy (when a stupid user fries his directory, boss screams at him for a while, but data can be restored), or running stuff in a sandbox (well, on Windows that probably means that you ONLY fry your own directory).

--
No man is good enough to govern another man without that other's
consent. -- Abraham Lincoln