Performance considerations during Oracle imp/load

From: Ora Dummy <oradummy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2005 07:52:12 -0700

hi,

Next week, I will be attempting to load 6GB of dump files into two tables. I have a 4 WAY CPU and 8GB machine in IBM aix 5L.

Prior to the load, what areas do I need to consider to maximize the import performance? I am thinking these are the areas that will affect the load greatly

  1. Give Buffer Pool size like 5GB memory (can't give more than that, some appl running)
  2. Use BUFFER=4,000,000,000 during import
  3. Use COMMIT=Y

Are they any more parameter that affect the import?

Since we need to import this size of data into development quite often, would it
be better to import once (one time pain) and then spit the data out into
one delimited flat file, and then next time round, use the SQL LOAD command.
If SQL Load is use, are the above parameters the ones that affect the load?

Anyone who can shed some lights??

Ora Dummy Received on Mon Apr 18 2005 - 09:52:12 CDT