Re: Challenge: Partitioning is a wrong idea

From: <mikharakiri_nospaum_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2005 14:01:13 -0700

HansF wrote:
> Bottom line - who cares? Certainly not the users who get significant
> performance improvements under certain conditions and no performance
> hits under the rest.

The cost of "just an extra feature" is the bloated documentation, and increased cost of the product (or you think all these gadgets are free?)

> You obviously have never had a warehouse with '12 months data -
archive
> the rest, but keep it nearline' requirements. LOL

This maybe a clever observation. It doesn't answer my question, however.

Mikito mikharakiri aT iahoo period com

MH: So, what are you working these days? DBA: RAC
MH: Yuck! Received on Thu Apr 07 2005 - 16:01:13 CDT