Re: Setting up 10G RAC On a Single Linux Node

From: Bob Bunch (OCP) <bunchb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 09:54:52 -0400

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:23:00 -0800, hpuxrac wrote:

>> I have seen dizwell site in the past as well as OTN which shows how

>> set RAC on Linux using Firewire. My question was is it posisble to

> set
>> up RAC on a Single Node without using  VMWARE. The link which I pointed
>> out seems to do that. I still wonder how that is possible in Orcale9i
>> or Oracle10G.

> My impression is that the dizwell site now has the info you are looking
> for.
>
> Look around and dig thru it. Post a question in the forum over help if
> you need helping finding it.
>
> Google is your friend.

I managed to get this concept working w/ VMWare 4.5.2 (512MB VM), FC2 and 9iRAC w/ 2 instances on one node. Of course, if I can do it in VMWare, it can be done natively (obliviously ;) It was painful, but it's doable! (I still have the proof!) __Unfortunately__, I've since lost my notes (D'OH!!!) but I can assure you it is doable. I did this project this past summer, and those brain cells have since been hit by "grey hair syndrome" ;)

I did have success following the dizwell instructions on Windoze, but once I restarted the system, the RAC config wouldn't function properly again. Hence the FC2 config ;) Big thing you have to get done is the shared datafiles (RAC config files) and to get Oracle's clustering stuff to run. Once you beat these, the rest (if I recall) was a snap -- given some RAC experience, of course. ;)

Concur -- Google IS your friend for this (Google Groups in particular), as is MetaLink, AskTom, etc...

HTH
Bob Bunch
8i OCP Uber-Nerd Received on Sun Apr 03 2005 - 08:54:52 CDT