Re: 10G linux, no tnsnames.ora

From: Bob Bunch (OCP) <bunchb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 09:33:30 -0400

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:30:54 +0100, Frank van Bortel wrote:

> ccote_msl_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>> HIm I am a linux newbie. I thought that creating a database with dbca
>> created it automatically. Do I need to modify the one form .../sample?
>>
>> Thank you!
>>

> Oh - and dbca stands for the DataBase Creation Assistant. You probably > want the Net Configuration Assistant (netca)

Recommend using netmgr. It allows you to create listener.ora and tnsnames.ora. When you'd create databases w/ DBCA in < 10g, it'd do the networking magic for you. 10g makes you fire up NETMGR and do it yourself. Don't know why (probably 'cuz instances self-register w/ the listener), but it's good experience/knowledge anyway. ;) Received on Sun Apr 03 2005 - 08:33:30 CDT