PL/SQL help needed

From: BSI <BSI_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:03:20 GMT

Hi there,

I have a problem and hope somebody may be able to help. Compiling the following code, i get "PLS-00363: expression 'SELF' cannot be used as an assignment target." Since i'm new to PL/SQL, I believe i must be missing something fundamentally wrong in calling methods. I've looked over the documentation, but couldn't find a solution.

If it matters at all, I'm using Oracle Database 9.2

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE Proc AS OBJECT (
  anAttribute NUMBER,

  MEMBER FUNCTION FindBLY(aIndex OUT NUMBER, aStartIndex IN NUMBER)

      RETURN NUMBER,
  MEMBER PROCEDURE PrepareSegment(aIndex IN NUMBER)

)
/

SHOW ERRORS; CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE BODY Proc
AS

  MEMBER FUNCTION FindBLY(aIndex OUT NUMBER, aStartIndex IN NUMBER)

      RETURN NUMBER
  IS
    aValue NUMBER;
  BEGIN     PrepareSegment( aValue );
    RETURN aValue;

  END;      MEMBER PROCEDURE PrepareSegment( aIndex IN NUMBER )   IS
    ycoord NUMBER;
  BEGIN     --ycoord := FindBLY(ycoord, 1);
    DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('aIndex is: ' || aIndex);

  END; END;
/

SHOW ERRORS; Please help :)

Thanks. Received on Fri Apr 01 2005 - 13:03:20 CST