Re: pls-00597

From: Scott Mattes <Scott_at_TheMattesFamily.ws>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:16:07 -0500

HansF wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:20:02 -0500, Newsgroups wrote:
>

>>I went to the Metalink site and it seems to be a subscription only site.
>>While I work for someone that has paid for Oracle, I am using the
>>Windows version for those times when net access to their site is
>>impractical. They are busy folks and it is sometimes a stretch to get
>>'extras' from them, and I wanted the 'fix' as soon as possible (that is
>>a lowercase 'asap').
>>

> Yes, it is a subscription only site. Just a thought ...
>
> Since you appear to be making money (salary, fees, whatever) from the use
> of the Oracle software, it somewhat makes sense to share that with the
> company that helps you earn it. You might consider purchasing the
> PERSONAL edition for a fairly modest price and getting the subscription to
> Metalink.
>
> /Hans

While I thought that I was in compliance with the lic. for the download I went back and checked and have even asked Oracle itself what lic. I need for what I want to do. I even have an email saying they got the question (I wonder how long until they answer).

I also looked into what lic. I could buy and it seems like Standard One would be what I want. Is there some difference tween that and Personal that I might want to consider? I need to write and test PL/SQL code and SQL.

Thank you. Received on Tue Mar 29 2005 - 16:16:07 CST