Probs. Reading embedded PDF from XML

From: Henrik <xs650_at_ofir.dk>
Date: 29 Mar 2005 03:08:43 -0800

Hi' NG !

I've a XML document with an embedded PDF doc in it. The PDF part is encoded using UUendcode.

So far, I've :
1) parsed the doc via DBMS_XMLPARSER.
2) extractet the "PDF" element into a CLOB (unfortunatelly a BLOB would be better)

Now, the assigment is to (UU)decode the clob into a BLOB, which I can store in the database. Now, this last part - is causing a great deal of trouble, as I can't get from CLOB to RAW (which is the datatype the utl_encode.uudecode works on) - and finally to BLOB.

Pls, advice me - as this very important.

Rgds, Henrik Received on Tue Mar 29 2005 - 05:08:43 CST