Re: Migration Workbench (OMWB) vs SQL Loader

From: <xtanto_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2005 23:08:44 -0800

Hi Frank,

> OMWB will *not* migrate data

It will, I have done that, a database in Sql Server became a schema in Oracle.
But the problem is :

SqlServer -> Oracle (old structure )-> Oracle New Structure
>From (2) to (3) I have to do :

INSERT INTO [New Structure] SELECT * FROM [Old Structure] Do you mean I have to EXPORT the [old structure] into TEXT and RUN SqlLoader ?
Is this the best method ?

> You only have one option: SQL*Loader.

Could you pls explain why ?

Thank you,
Krist Received on Thu Mar 24 2005 - 01:08:44 CST